Tryouts for AA, AAA, Majors and Intermediate usually occur during the first half of January, we offer an option on a Saturday and a Sunday. Check our online calendar for dates in December. Players must attend either of these days.
AA thru Majors
There is no guarantee that your child will be placed on a team in a specific division – but they will be placed on a team. If you have a 9yr old, for example, there is no guarantee that he or she will be selected for a AA team; this is not a reflection of your child’s skill, but rather a reflection of the relative skill of other players trying out in the same division. 8s and 9s who are not drafted will be placed on a FarmB team. 10s will be drafted no lower than AA. 11s will be drafted no lower than AAA. 12s will be drafted no lower than Majors.
- A PLAYER’S LEAGUE AGE IS August 31 if you were born after 9/1/2005, if you were born before then it is generally April 30 – check the chart at littleleague.org for more details.
- Players 5-7 years old do not attend try-outs.
- Players 8 years olds who wish to play Farm do not attend tryouts.
- Players 8 years old who wish to play up to AA must attend tryouts.
- All players 9-13 years old, including coaches’ kids, are required to attend the try-outs/evaluations for their age group.
- Tryouts are scheduled for two consecutive weekends in January, and players must attend either session.
- Tryouts will be at Montera Field – use the back entrance off Scout, NOT the front entrance.
- Tryouts will be split with NOLL players and SOLL players trying out separately.
- You will receive an email indicating which region you live in and when you will be scheduled for tryouts. Please ensure you show up at the correct tryouts.
ANY CHILD AGE 9 OR ABOVE WHO FAILS TO ATTEND THE TRYOUTS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING ILLNESS, WILL BE PLACED ON STANDBY AND MIGHT NOT BE ASSIGNED TO A TEAM. ANY CHILD WHO DOES NOT ATTEND THE TRYOUT CANNOT BE PLACED DRAFTED TO A MAJORS TEAM. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
* Although it is not guaranteed that any positions will be available, any player league age 10 wishing to try out for Majors must attend the try-outs with 11-12 year old players, in addition to trying out with the 10 year old age group.
* Although it is not guaranteed that any positions will be available, any player league age 11 or 12 wishing to try out for Intermediate must attend the try-outs with 13 year old players, in addition to trying out with 11-12 year old age group.
The try-outs/evaluations consist of: batting, fielding, throwing and running. Depending on the age group, players will be thrown or hit grounders and fly balls which they will field and throw back. In the hitting stage, pitched balls will be delivered to players from a coach or from a pitching machine. Players may also be asked to run the bases. Players should bring their glove and, if they have them, wear shoes with rubber/plastic cleats (soccer shoes are fine). No metal cleats are allowed for 9-12 year olds. Bats and helmets will be available if the player does not have them. It is recommended, but not required that male players wear cups for the try-outs/evaluations.
The tryouts/evaluations will occur as scheduled. If rain makes the conditions unsafe, we will move indoors.
Tryouts will be sometime in February, and players must attend to be drafted.
Tryouts will be scheduled for early April; Please register and we will contact you with details.